News

  • PH eyes new complaint vs. China before Int’l Tribunal amid ‘coral harvesting’

    The Office of the Solicitor General on Wednesday said it is considering filing a new complaint against China in the Permanent Court of Arbitration, this time on the reported damage to corals in the West Philippine Sea (WPS). “The OSG is in the midst of a full-blown study on our legal options regarding the West […]

    Read More

  • PH to file suit vs China

    (UPDATE) THE Philippines will file environmental cases against China for its destructive activities in the West Philippine Sea (WPS) before the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA). The announcement came just days after the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) reported the severe damage inflicted by Chinese operations on the marine environment of Rozul Reef and Escoda Shoal, […]

    Read More

  • Hontiveros: China now owes PH P800B in destroyed, stolen WPS natural resources

    MANILA, Philippines — China now owes the Philippines over P800 billion in terms of stolen marine life and destroyed natural resources in the West Philippine Sea (WPS), Senator Risa Hontiveros said Thursday. “Time to pay up. Dati nang umayaw ang Chinese Embassy nang naningil tayo ng mahigit sa P200 billion dahil sa paninira ng Tsina […]

    Read More

  • PH Navy frigate sails with Canadian ship in West Philippine Sea

    More nations are sailing with the country as the Philippine Navy’s (PN) guided-missile frigate BRP Antonio Luna (FF 151) completed a bilateral sail in the West Philippine Sea (WPS) on Thursday with the Royal Canadian Navy’s Halifax-class frigate HMCS Ottawa (FFH 341). The two ships met and established radio communications in the vicinity of Malampaya […]

    Read More

  • ‘Trilateral front’ formed vs Chinese incursions

    MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines and Japan and their main security ally, the United States, formed a trilateral front against Chinese incursions in the South China Sea following a meeting on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York last week. “The Philippines, as you are aware, continues to face challenges with […]

    Read More

  • PH vows no backing down as China warns vs provocation

    MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines vowed on Tuesday not to back down in the face of a Chinese effort to block its fishermen from a fiercely contested shoal in the South China Sea, while Beijing warned the Southeast Asian nation not to “provoke and cause trouble.” The comments came a day after Manila cut a […]

    Read More

  • Marcos speaks up on China’s barrier: ‘We are not looking for trouble’

    MANILA, Philippines — President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Friday stressed his commitment to continue to protect the Philippine territories following China’s installation of floating barriers in the West Philippine Sea. Marcos finally broke his silence about the issue on the floating barrier installed by Chinese vessels that surfaced last Sunday. Read More–>Marcos speaks up […]

    Read More

  • PH allowed to use Canadian satellites vs ‘dark’ ships

    Canada will give the Philippines free access to state-of-the-art satellites that will allow maritime enforcers to surveil, almost in real time, vessels within the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone. The satellites will allow authorities to detect and track even “dark vessels,” or ships that have switched off their location transmitters to avoid detection, according to Ottawa’s […]

    Read More

  • Marcos: Those responsible for Scarborough Shoal ramming incident will be held accountable

    President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Wednesday ensured that those responsible for the ramming incident in Scarborough Shoal would be held accountable. In a statement, Marcos said Philippine authorities are currently investigating the incident that left three Filipino crew members of the fishing vessel dead. Read More–>Marcos: Those responsible for Scarborough Shoal ramming incident will […]

    Read More

  • 3 Chinese survey ships monitored in eastern PH Sea

    At least three survey ships from China are monitored in the eastern seaboard of the Philippine Sea, a map image released by a maritime security expert showed on Friday, Sept. 15. Ray Powell, project director at Stanford University’s Gordian Knot Center for National Security Innovation, identified the vessels as “Haiyang Dizhi 12 Hao”, “Haiyang Dizhi […]

    Read More

  • IT’S TIME TO BUILD COMBINED FORWARD OPERATING BASE SIERRA MADRE

    Recent Chinese Coast Guard operations in the South China Sea targeted a Philippine vessel attempting to resupply a remote outpost that has the potential to become the next flashpoint in the region. The Chinese government followed its provocative act with a disinformation campaign designed to coerce the Philippines to recognize Chinese claims of extended territorial […]

    Read More

  • Carpio urges PH to invite China, Vietnam and Malaysia to bring the Spratlys territorial dispute to the International Court of Justice

    As the South Chinese Sea dispute continues to heat up, former associate justice Antonio Carpio has recommended that the Philippines submit the conflicting claims in the Spratly Islands to voluntary arbitration in the International Court of Justice (ICJ). “This will settle by peaceful means, in accordance with the UN Charter, the territorial dispute in the […]

    Read More